Mentoring support for parents
The journey of parenthood can be an exciting, exhausting and unpredictable time. It can also be the first time that a new mother or father will need to re balance their lives to take account of physical, emotional and psychological changes, here is where I can help!
Nature of the mentoring relationship
My role will support you with:
- On-going and unbiased support
- Listen to you, the parent-to-be, and/or new parent
- Share my own experiences of being a parent
- Be a sounding board for ideas and offer some direction
- The maximum period of mentoring is usually 18 months. The relationship can be ended at any time by you or myself when it feels the right time
What goes on in the Mentoring environment is confidential.
If there are any issues that either of us feel unsure about, we must bring it to the other person’s attention by discussing the issues in a compassionate and respectful manner.
The means of communication
We will begin the supportive relationship with face-to-face meetings at regular intervals.
We then move on to email or online communication on an as and when required basis when you feel more comfortable in your parental role.
- Hourly rate face to face – £40.00 plus travel costs to be agreed if we meet in another location away from my office
- Continued online support – £30.00 per hourly contact